Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution.Importer.createControl

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 18:47, Not Zed wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 14:30 -0500, JP Rosevear wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 08:15, Not Zed wrote:
> > > 		void createControl (out Bonobo::Control control);
> > >
> > > Shouldn't this just return the value for api consistency?
> >
> > It is consistent with the shell createControls call because that creates
> > multiple controls.
>
> Ugh.
>
> > > Passing around pointers to stuff is ugly as hell in c.
> >
> > What are you passing around?
>
> The out pointer?

Where are you passing it around?  Its just a control, you can keep a
pointer to the actual widget in the importer.

> > > And if we're going to change the interfaces anyway, can we ditch the
> > > horribly awful to implement processItem rubbish, and just have loadFile
> > > be synchronous, please?
> >
> > I would be fine with this as long as there is a solution for the
> > progress stuff.  I think that is the primary reason stuff is done this
> > way now.
>
> Isn't the progress stuff just handled in the importer itself?
>
> Well it will be in the mailer anyway, whatever the rest does.

The progress stuff has been handled in the shell code I believe.  If you
move it to the mailer maybe we should just do away with the corba bits
as you suggested earlier, although i'm not sure how this works out with
the intelligent importers.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>