Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-data-server and Migration and GConf Schemas

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 23:28, Chris Toshok wrote:
> I agree, the migration stuff should definitely move into e-d-s.
> Unfortunately, though, at that point we'll have knowledge of the
> group/source hierarchy split across evo (for the mailer) and e-d-s (for
> addressbook and calendar).  We already have this to some extent now with
> libebook knowing the gconf key for the source list, but it's something
> to think about.  Is it a bad thing?

Depends how you want to look at it i guess.  I'm thinking the schema
keys do belong in there but the migration code does not at least for
this version.   We can kind of look at it like e-d-s being a separate
project and evolution-1.5 is migrating to use that.  This also makes
sense in light of the fact that having if people are using e-d-s before
installing evolution 1.5/2.0 and have evolution 1.4 data, duplicating it
wouldn't make much sense (especially if they keep using 1.4). Longer
term however, the migration probably needs to push down into e-d-s

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
Ximian, Inc.