Re: [Evolution-hackers] Regarding the global send options UI

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 16:53 +0530, Sushma Rai wrote:
> > 1) Adding another send options tab in the Acoount editor (but there are
> > already many tabs here, and gw send options has Settings for general
> > options, Mail settings, calendar settings, task settings, so the account
> > editor might become very populated as it is so already)
>
> I feel account editor page is better than menu options.
> You will be having 4 sections there, and each one is having lots
> of options to be set?

There will be four tabs which will be appearing for groupwise accounts.
I too think this will be much better, will make a snap shot for it and
send the same.

> > 2) Adding it in the right click menu as "Send options" in the menu which
> > appears while right clicking on the mail/calendar/tasks account. (The
> > users may not know this)
> >
> I guess in this case each right-click menu in a component would give,
> only global options for that particular component (mail/calendar/task)
> In that case where would you display general options?

I thought of having it right click menu, and if the general options are
changed, the changes would reflect in all the components. If the status
tracking options setting are changed it would be changed only for the
particular component.

> Also, I think for the HIG compliance, there should be a way to
> access these options through some main menu items
> (may be, View -> Options).

I don't think whether its a good idea to put it there (View->options),
since there will be a problem of displaying the send options settings
for a account when we have more than one account of the same type.

thanks, chenthill.