Re: [Evolution-hackers] Sparse Mail Subjects

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 15:06 -0500, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 21:53 +0200, guenther wrote:
>
> > IIRC this was discussed some months ago, with a way better UI than just
> > blank subjects -- which basically does nothing.
> >
> > The proposed mail list UI was a dynamic multiline list, something like
> > this (granted, the ASCII art I remember did look better):
> >
> > [+] [Evolution-hackers] Mail VPaned vs. HPaned
> >  |  Hans Petter Jansson <hpj ximian com>
> >  |--[+] Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
> >  |   |
> >  |   +----  Hans Petter Jansson <hpj ximian com>
> >  +----  Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
>
> That's not a bad idea either, but I guess it would take more work to
> implement. I was trying for some low hanging fruit :)
>
> Take a look at my mockup and see if it's not at least more scannable
> than the current solution (full verbosity always).
>
> Of course, this would have to be an option.

Isn't the e-mail address, which is not really important, wasting about
half of the available horizontal space and we're still retaining it for
some weird reason? Is there a strong technical need for that? I believe
an adequate user just don't need the e-mail in the message list.
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/
Software developer @ Parkyeri |      http://www.parkyeri.com/