[Evolution-hackers] Sparse Mail Subjects

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 21:53 +0200, guenther wrote:

> IIRC this was discussed some months ago, with a way better UI than just
> blank subjects -- which basically does nothing.
>
> The proposed mail list UI was a dynamic multiline list, something like
> this (granted, the ASCII art I remember did look better):
>
> [+] [Evolution-hackers] Mail VPaned vs. HPaned
>  |  Hans Petter Jansson <hpj ximian com>
>  |--[+] Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
>  |   |
>  |   +----  Hans Petter Jansson <hpj ximian com>
>  +----  Not Zed <notzed ximian com>

That's not a bad idea either, but I guess it would take more work to
implement. I was trying for some low hanging fruit :)

Take a look at my mockup and see if it's not at least more scannable
than the current solution (full verbosity always).

Of course, this would have to be an option.

--
Hans Petter