Re: Re: [Evolution-hackers] (webbased) remote client on evolution's data

Hi Peter,

thank you much for the information and ideas.
That e-d-s interface sounds very interesting.
I had a look on horde.org and thought about your idea
of creating drivers for the applications contained in that
framework.
Actually thats an interesting idea.
My basic target is Evolution as the general application for
handeling my mail, contacts, calendar, ...
The webinterface i am thinking about should only be a view
on the data which can be accessed through Evolution.
For example: If i get mail via the webtool it would actually
call methodic of the evolution interface which gets the mail
and stores it locally (for my configuration). Then the webinterface
would just show what resides in the local evolution mailbox.

So if i take your idea this would lead to a webinterface that uses
applications of the Horde framework and calls methodic of the Evolution
API. As i thought further about that, this could lead to an Evolution
webinterface that supports every feature (like MS Exchange or IMAP
Support) thats built into evolution.
Surely this is a target outside the view of my first idea but i will
keep that in mind when creating the webinterface (which should only fit
my personal low needs in the first version ;)).

Regarding this, it would be interesting to know if there is any hacking
going on regarding a webbased version of Evolution (e.g. something like
MS Outlook Webaccess). I ask because such a webbased interface is
mentioned in the Evolution Project Specification from Jan. 2000 i found
in cvs/evolution/doc/Design.

Thanks again.
Greetings,
Grand Apeiron