Re: [Evolution-hackers] Regressions on stable branch

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 14:25, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > > Hmmm what do you mean?  I don't see any URI in the send/receive dialog.
> >
> > That's because you're not fast enough to see it.  Its printing a uri
> > when it should just be printing a hostname, or something to that effect.
>
> I don't think it's a speed thing, since I would at least see the window
> flicker and become larger.
>
> The string that causes the odd enlargement for me is "Scanning folders
> on IMAP server "blah.bleh.bluy"", which I can read fully, doesn't
> include a URI and was not being printed before (or at least I don't
> think it was).

> Maybe we are talking about a different bug?

Oh ok.  Yeah maybe.  The one i saw was much bigger than that.

Some changes can't be avoided without changing the size of the bar, or
limiting the size of the label - can that be done?  Because the bar
assumes a certain sized font.  I use a smaller one so only very long
strings make a difference, but if i had a longer server name, the same
problem would occur, regardless.  Its a design problem with the
dialogue.

> > What.  Again?
> >
> > Its because of cancellation.  Duh.
>
> You know, I was just trying to understand what is wrong with the code --
> since the link between "cancellation" and "new message being displayed
> on the screen" is not obvious to anyone but you.

Well you have the source-code too, if you really want the detail.  I was
trying not to explain them to that level - since the details are
essentially meaningless to you.