Re: [Evolution-hackers] question about local calendar

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 10:03, Harry Lu wrote:
> Rodrigo,
>     In 1.4 branch, calendar/gui/dialogs/recurrence-page.c,
> sensitize_recur_widgets(), there are following lines:
>
>     /* We can't preview that well for instances right now */
>     if (cal_component_is_instance (priv->comp))
>         gtk_widget_set_sensitive (priv->preview_calendar, FALSE);
>     else
>         gtk_widget_set_sensitive (priv->preview_calendar, TRUE);

>     For local calendar's recurrent events, cal_component_is_instance()
> is always false (because comp->priv->recur_id.recur_time.prop ==
> NULL). So the preview calendar is always enabled.

right, the editor always gets the whole object, not the recurrence
itself. So cal_component_is_instance, on the editor, is always FALSE.

That is one of the things we're working on for 2.0.

>     And if you open a local calendar's recurrent event, modify some
> fields and save it, it NEVER asks you the question:
> "You are modifying a recurring event, what would you like to modify?"
> with the 3 options (This instance only, This and future Instances, All
> instances). It just modify all instances of it. Is this a feature or
> bug?

it's for the same reason above.

>     For SunOne connectors, it seemes working correctly. So the preview
> calendar is disabled when I open an existing recurrent event and if I
> do some modification, I can see the prompt dialog.

yes, recurrences are not supported in the local backend, which we are
fixing for 2.0

cheers