Re: [Evolution-hackers] couple things that I'd like to do

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 13:38, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 15:24, Chris Toshok wrote:
> > Sending mail instead of just doing them myself because they have affect
> > packaging/other people :)
> >
> > 1. Rev the openldap dependency to >= 2.1.22
> >
> > openldap.org currently shows 2.1.22 as the stable/release version.
> > There's really no reason for us to be using a release that for all
> > intents and purposes can be referred to as "historical" :)
>
> This would raise the bar for those who want to build from source though
> (most (all?) distros are still at 2.0).  That would be bad...
>
> Is there a reason to switch to 2.1 (e.g. new features we need) aside
> from obsolescence?

SASL auth support is much better on the server side.  I don't know of
any pressing client side issues that would be solved by moving to 2.1,
though.  I guess I could check the release notes for the client libs.

> > 2. Put AM_DISABLE_STATIC in the configure.in
>
> I'm all for this.  I build with --disable-static myself anyways, and it
> works fine (and as you pointed out, it cuts the build time in half).

is the pas/pcs library stuff an issue?  is there any harm in switching
them from .a's to .so's?

Chris