Re: [Evolution-hackers] Address book letters

hm, are you setting surname?

sn/surname is required of any objects that list "person" as an
objectclass.

The reason that it doesn't use the cn is that we want them to act like
the tabs on a real address book..  and that's based on how they're
sorted.  which for evolution is either the fileAs or surname.  The UI
can decompose the cn into given/surname in the event there is neither,
but adding that field to the mix would only inflate the size of the
query (and add more false positives in the other case).