Re: [Evolution-hackers] couple things that I'd like to do

> > Is there a reason to switch to 2.1 (e.g. new features we need) aside
> > from obsolescence?
>
> SASL auth support is much better on the server side.  I don't know of
> any pressing client side issues that would be solved by moving to 2.1,
> though.  I guess I could check the release notes for the client libs.

If the API is the same, we could just
     1. NOT change the dependency from 2.0 to 2.1
     2. but have configure print a warning/suggestion if you try to
        build with 2.0
     3. update our own evo-openldap package to 2.1
     4. (possibly move evo-openldap to a public channel so other people
        can use it?

> is the pas/pcs library stuff an issue?  is there any harm in switching
> them from .a's to .so's?

AFAIK, no. The only reason they're currently static is that they used to
be uninstalled and used only by the wombat.

-- Dan