Re: [Evolution-hackers] Initialization sequence
- From: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- To: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- Cc: Evolution Hackers Mailing List <evolution-hackers ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Initialization sequence
- Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 08:03:51 +0930
On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 05:57, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
Right now the components on the new-ui-branch start up pretty much
blank, because no data is set up by default and the code doesn't use
So, we need to add the setup code for this. For the mailer, it's
trivial -- we just add the standard Inbox, Outbox, Draft, Sent etc.
folders. (Michael and Jeff, have you looked into this yet?)
Umm, from my reading of the code, this is already done isn't it? In that oddly named "On this computer" folder.
But what about the calendar and the addressbook? It sounds like we
might want to have at least a couple predefined folders, e.g. "Work" and
"Personal" or something like that?
Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
In any case, we need to add at least the following things to the
addressbook and the calendar in the short term so that people can use
* Initialization of the ESourceList; we need to create the "on
this computer" node for the local sources, and add at least a
default Calendar / Contacts / Tasks entry (until we figure out
what to do with the default list).
* A calendar/contacts/tasks "folder" creation dialog, invoked
somewhere from File -> New. (This needs UI design. It should
probably just have a dropdown with the list of the groups ("On
this computer", "Exchange server"), an entry with the name of
the folder, and Cancel/OK.)
* A command to delete the selected folder.
[I am not sure we want to use the term "folder" anymore though.
Probably we should use the terms "calendar", "addressbook" and "task
Who wants to implement the above?
] [Thread Prev