Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo HEAD still starting 1.4 components

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 04:23, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I run evolution-1.5, the evolution-data-server starts as expected.
> However, if I run my own program which uses libebook, it will start
> evolution-wombat unless evolution-data-server is already running.  This
> looks suspiciously like an identifier conflict...
>
> At a guess, GNOME/Evolution/Addressbook in
> evolution-data-server/addressbook/idl/Evolution-DataServer-Addressbook.idl should be changed to GNOME/DataServer/Addressbook. Is this correct?

I think the problem is not the IDL, but rather the fact that the names
of the repo IDs registered by the wombat and the ones registered by
e-d-s are the same.

Sounds like those should be versioned with the minor version number like
we are doing in other places.

-- Ettore