Re: [Evolution-hackers] Wombat and Alarm could be activated by bonobo-activation

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 04:40, Antonio Xu wrote:
>     Everytime, I run the evolution on my Solaris, evolution's wombat and
> alarm aways cannot be activated by bonobo-activation. The evolution is
> the most recent trunk, which build by forte on Solaris, and all
> relational libraries has been installed under /opt/evolution. I have
> research the problem a little, I found the real problem is wombat could
> not find ssl.so when bonobo-activation try to activate it. If I set env
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH in .xinitrc,  everyting would be ok. but I still want to
> know did there have another good solution to solve this issue.

I think making sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set for the X session is
indeed the right solution.  bonobo-activation gets spawned the first
time through one of the apps in the X session, and hence all the
processes created by bonobo-activation inherit from that same
environment.

-- Ettore