Re: [Evolution-hackers] Proposed Keyboard Navigation for Evolution Mail Reader and Calendar

Hi Guys,

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 15:30, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

Assuming that the new bindings do not conflict with existing ones and
that they are HIG compliant (I haven't checked either of these things),
this plan looks great to me.
I played with these shortcuts last week and did not find any major problems* ; the HIG doesn't have much to say about the sort of keybindings which York and his colleagues proposed. (The HIG's main recommendations for keyboard navigation relate to picking accelerators and assigning stock gnome shortcuts to commonly used items like "Ctl+A" for "Select All"...and not so much for providing good shortcuts for things like extending/reducing selected time in the calendar, which is the kind of operation that this proposal covers.)  The shortcuts proposed by York and company do nicely follow the guidelines provided by the Gnome Accessibility Project.

* ( Granted, I was checking more for guideline compliance than for intersection with other shortcuts, though.  )

What do people think?

Implementing this in 1.4.x sounds great to me.