Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: evo calendar mockup

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 13:50, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 22:16, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> >
> > >       * What is it going to look like when you have categories in
> > >         addition to multiple calendars?  We need to display the category
> > >         icons in the calendar items as well.
> >
> > Separate overlaid calendars can sort of work as categories too. But on
> > the other hand, I guess the ical standard has the category stuff.
> >
> > Do people find those useful, and are they actually being used?
> >
> I use them for all my appointments and tasks. It is a nice way to filter
> things.

Would it now be possible to just put different kinds of events on
different calendars that you can toggle visible and hide however you
want? Since categories are *kind of* similar to this "multiple
calendars" idea.

I think we can just keep both anyway, since that gives you additional
filtering capabilities, and if you dont need categories, you can just
ignore the feature anyway.

Thanks for the insight, my own usage pattern is always very different
from how others use the stuff, that's why it is useful to do user
testing and also hear how others do things.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>