Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: evo calendar mockup

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 21:02, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> > > Separate overlaid calendars can sort of work as categories too. But on
> > > the other hand, I guess the ical standard has the category stuff.
> > >
> > > Do people find those useful, and are they actually being used?
> > >
> > I use them for all my appointments and tasks. It is a nice way to filter
> > things.
>
> Would it now be possible to just put different kinds of events on
> different calendars that you can toggle visible and hide however you
> want? Since categories are *kind of* similar to this "multiple
> calendars" idea.

well, not exactly, since I can have my 'Personal' calendar, where I've
got my relatives' birthdays (ie category birthday), private appointments
and timelines, and then, my 'Evolution' calendar, where I've got the evo
hackers birthdays, timelines, etc.

So, you can separate calendars by category, as you said (birthdays,
timelines, etc) or group them by context (private, work, project,
cinema/theater/concerts schedules, sports, etc) and use categories on
them to filter them more.

That is, categories could be useless if you make a calendar for each
category, but if you group calendars differently, they make a lot of
sense to help searching, filtering, etc.

cheers