Re: [Evolution-hackers] Multi-line boundary

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 07:44, Sean Atkinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This didn't seem too relevant to Evolution users - I hope it belongs
> here instead.
>
> I have a mail on my IMAP server that none of the last few Evo releases
> can read properly - I'm currently on evolution-1.4.0-0.ximian.6.6.  I
> get the headers fine, but when I select it I get:
>
> (evolution:26525): camel-CRITICAL **: file camel-multipart.c: line 451
> (write_to_stream): assertion `boundary' failed
>
> Curiously I can read the message fine from my web-mail account, and
> saved a copy of the message source to investigate.  I'm suspicious about
> this extract:

> ------_=_NextPart_002_01C30E50.D82D0EF0
>
> I guess that the multi-line Content-Type is not being parsed properly?
> The test program from librfc822-1.0 reports:
>
> Address contains an syntax error: Line break without proper
> continuation.

are you sure that librfc822-1.0 is reporting about that Content-Type
line? from the sounds of the error, it doesn't sound like it is...

also, afaict - that Content-Type line looks correct, the second line is
indented with lwsp.

as far as I'm aware, camel has no problems parsing multi-line headers.

what I am more likely to believe is that the BODY(STRUCTURE) response
contained an empty boundary string. This would make it a server bug and
is much much more likely.

To find out, you should just be able to do the following:

export CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1; evolution-1.4 2>&1 > camel.log

try to read the message, and everything will be logged to the file.
afterwards, you can look thru it to find out what the problem was.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.