Re: [Evolution-hackers] misc. evo. requirements ...

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 12:17, Not Zed wrote:
> Why no X connection?  Is no gui not good enough?  I can't see how we can
> activate the mail component in non-gui mode, without at least having
> called gnome init or something which will implicitly do a gdk init/x
> connection, right?  Not without some radical changes anyway, beyond the
> shell foo.

	Well perhaps;

> Also, some mail sending requires authentication, which requires a
> password dialogue.

	Well; as I understand it - the Java people want an API that can be used
programatically - that is more powerful, sane, sensible, and
system-integrated than popen ("/usr/sbin/sendmail"). It would seem that
aiming to provide an API like that would be something worth doing.

	Surely Camel doesn't have a GUI dependency ? and these days g_type_init
is good enough for all GObjects etc. ?

	HTH,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot