Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: [evolution-patches] Connection to IMAP server via piped subcommand, PREAUTH support.

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 07:16, David Woodhouse wrote:
> OK, I'll play with it. Ideally, I'd like to hide the SSL options if a
> command is specified -- or maybe change the SSL options to 'connection
> method' and have the choices be 'command/unencrypted/SSL/TLS' (probably
> replacing 'SSL' and 'TLS' with something more pleb-friendly like
> 'Always-encrypted' and 'Negotiate encryption after connecting' or
> something). That does require real changes to the account config code,
> though. Would you be happy with that?

BTW, I am not sure this was pointed out before, but this kind of changes
will have to go into Evolution after 1.4 is released, since we are
feature-frozen right now.

Also, I would like to see what the UI would look like?  It doesn't sound
like a commonly needed option so I am afraid of the configuration pages
getting too busy / confusing for the majority of users...

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>