Re: [Evolution-hackers] Notes/Memos component for Evolution?

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 16:13, Dan Winship wrote:

> > > Some standard defines a vcard/vcalendar-like format for notes. I think
> > > it's called either VMEMO or VNOTE.
> > >
> > VJOURNAL, and it's part of RFC 2445, the same as for VEVENT and VTODO.
> > Or are you talking about another standard?
>
> This is something different. It's just for simple notes, without all of
> the additional baggage of VJOURNAL.

Just out of curiosity, I google'd for it, and for VMEMO I found some
links related to voice memo recordings. For VNOTE, I found out this:

"The vNOTE object defined by the [IRMC] specifications was created
because there was no journal entry capability in the original Versit/IMC
vCalendar v1.0 specification. However, with adoption of the [ICAL]
specification support for the vNOTE in the [IRMC] specification should
be deprecated, in favor of support for the VJOURNAL calendar component
in [ICAL]."

in
http://66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:CC0BierJ6CgJ:www.3gpp.org/ftp/tsg_t/WG2_Capability/TSGT2_06/Docs/t2-99830.doc+Vnote+rfc&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

is that the same VNOTE?