Re: [Evolution-hackers] inbox sorting

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 15:09, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> I don't feel this is correct behavior for at least 2 reasons:
>
> 1) confusing. all other sorting starts the view at the top
> 2) if you have more than a screen full of new mail, wouldn't you want to
> start the view at the first unread message (hence not necessarily at the
> very bottom of the view?)

I too have my mails sorted so that newer mails are at the bottom of the
list. I find it so much easier that the direction of time is the same
for intra-tread mails and the whole thread roots.
So what I would really love to see is that the first time in a session
(and ONLY the first time!) a folder is opened, it jumps to the first
unread mail (NOT the bottom of the list, effectively what you propose in
2).

	jtl