Re: [Evolution-hackers] Addressbook UI thoughts

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 19:23, Enver ALTIN wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 19:08, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 06:28, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > > http://primates.ximian.com/~tigert/evo/evo-mock-addressbook-vpaned.png
> > Nice!
>
> Indeed, it looks great. Anyway, in the vpane, contact names need icons
> for IM-status or something else for better viewing pleasure, I think :)
>
> > Yeah I think we should definitely head in that direction for all
> > components (mail-on-the-right is very nice in Outlook too).
>
> Well, I'm not really sure about that. It really shrinks the horizontal
> size of the message list and it really bothers me for long threads.
> Well, you know, it's not that good anyway.
>
> If the thing's going to have a thread view, or something threads
> oriented in the message pane at the right, I mean, something usable and
> simple enough will beat us all up there.
>
> Anyway, either at the bottom or right pane, great work everybody!
> Congrats.

If it is like this:

New Flamefest!
From: Tuomas Kuosmanen
   From: John Smith
      From: Tuomas Kuosmanen
      From: Michael Schumacher
         From: K. Rosberg
   From: Tuomas Kuosmanen

It actually fits in a tighter horizontal space than the
Name-Subject-Date view we currently have. If one has the multiline
thing, the name fits under the subject, and the date can be on the right
side, possibly off the view - it would appear to me that the important
information here is the thread hierarchy, whether the thread has unread
messages, and the author.

Everything else can be seen in the actual message view anyway where you
see all headers if you want. And a wheel mouse is handy for scrolling
those lists.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen :: Art Director, Ximian :: <tigert ximian com>