Re: [Evolution-hackers] calendar implementation (Partly OT)

>I read that page, and it is more then a year old. So I was hoping some
>more had happened. It hasn't
>If you 'just point it to a published file' your info is always out of
>date. The freebusy url I mentioned in my previous posting is already out
>of date.

The freebusy information can be generated by a PHP script, etc... if the
calendar is stored in a database, etc...  The Horde package Kronolith can
display freebusy from their calendering applicaiton.

>I would really like to work on an open source project geared towards an
>standards based calendar server. But after reading a lot of info I would
>not even know where to begin protocolwise? BEEP looks nice, but very
>theoretically. HTTP might be much easier to use but it seems the IETF
>people do not want that.

The Horde project applications (the CVS/HEAD versions anyway) express
there functionality via XML-RPC.  There is already a palm sync conduit for
Win32 desktops under developement.  If someone wrote a pcs module for
evolution that used their XML-RPC api...  The libraries evo "contains"
already know how to do things like SOAP, XML-RPC, and the like.