Re: [Evolution-hackers] Filling in the Menu Bar: UI questions

Chuck wrote:

> * Aaron Weber <aaron helixcode com> [000605 06:10]:
>
> > Or the Edit menu in the calendar view-- we've got "New Appointment" and
> > "New Appointment for Today" and "Preferences" there.  New appointment is
> > also under File, but why is the calendar config under "Edit" (which is
> > where I look for my prefs, btw), but the Mail Config is under Tools? (A
> > wizard is a tool, vs. you edit your preferences,)  And while we're at
> > it, can we call it something other than "Preferences," so that it
> > doesn't sound so global? can we call it "Calendar Settings" or "Calendar
> > Configuration"
>
> On the topic of the calendar, I have a request. Would it be possible to
> add a holiday option? Something to the effect of "add holiday" to a
> particular day for birthdays, anniversaries, and general holidays. This is
> one thing that I find lacking in the current gnome-calendar.

Currently you can add an event which recurs every year, and we'll be
adding
categories so you will be able to say it is a 'Birthday' or
'Anniversary'.
But it would be nice to have a simple 'Add Birthday' command to do most
of
the work for you. (Though I wonder what happens for birthdays on Feb
29th.
iCalendar says just ignore events on non-existent days, but people
usually
celebrate their birthday on Mar 1st (?) on non-leap years.)

We also need a way of adding national holidays etc., just like Outlook.

I'll add these to the bugtracker.

Damon