Re: [evince] Automatic full-window sizing of evince window when dragged

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 08:17:35AM -0600, Jason Crain wrote:
I'm not familiar with how WindowMaker behaves, but what you describe is
how all apps work in GNOME.  Evince isn't doing anything special in that
regard.  Windows maximize when you drag to the top edge of the screen,
or snap to the left or right half of the screen when you drag to the
left or right edge.  You could try changing the
org.gnome.shell.overrides.edge-tiling setting to false with:

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.overrides edge-tiling false

    Thanks. The command succeeds and I can see the state change
reflected in gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.shell.overrides), but
it doesn't affect the resizing behavior. Maybe because there actually is
no GNOME shell in my scenario, just the non-GNOME window manager and the
evince app?

    I would feel like I'm asking in the wrong place and this is really a
more general GNOME question, except that this is the *only* GNOME app
I've tried running that auto-maximizes when dragged near the top border
- which suggests the behavior corresponds to a configuration option
specific to the app itself.

    Jon