Re: [evince] Automatic full-window sizing of evince window when dragged

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 04:32:59AM -0800, Jon Leech wrote:
    I am using evince 3.22.1 on Debian jessie under WindowMaker and
seeing odd window sizing behavior. When dragging the evince window by
click-drag in the window title bar (the one including the page numbers,
menu icon, etc.), if I leave the title bar anywhere near the top edge of
the screen, evince will spontaneously resize itself to full screen.

    Perhaps this just demonstrates that I know nothing about general
behavior of GNOME apps (which I don't, I've never run GNOME itself), but
none of the other GNOME apps I've tried behave this way under WM.

    Is this an expected / default behavior? Is there any way to suppress
it, if so? I can't see any other way to move the window, since evince
seems to suppress the usual window manager-supplied decorations such as
a dedicated title bar, frame, etc.

I'm not familiar with how WindowMaker behaves, but what you describe is
how all apps work in GNOME.  Evince isn't doing anything special in that
regard.  Windows maximize when you drag to the top edge of the screen,
or snap to the left or right half of the screen when you drag to the
left or right edge.  You could try changing the
org.gnome.shell.overrides.edge-tiling setting to false with:

gsettings set org.gnome.shell.overrides edge-tiling false