Re: [evince] Evince won't open pdf with certain name

On 10/24/2017 07:58 PM, Алексей Сыромятников wrote:
Hello to everyone!

Someone (I know that someone, not a phishing story this time :) ) sent
me a pdf named 'важный_док.pdf', what in russian means 'important
doc.pdf'. Evince failed to open it, but Acrobat succeeded. After little
investigation and one rename Evince succeeded too, therefore everything
is OK with pdf.
After looking once again at that name, I noticed that it doesn't have
russian 'й' in it but a combination 'й':
not
U+0439 : CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER SHORT I
but
U+0438 : CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER I
U+0306 : COMBINING BREVE {short; Greek vrachy}
That seems to be preventing Evince from opening that pdf.

I hope someone competent enough (obviously not me) will look at this
problem and maybe will fix it.
Hi Alexey,

I cannot reproduce the issue. I assume you have renamed another PDF
document to 'важный_док.pdf' and evince wasn’t able to open the renamed
document.

Have you tried to open the documents with the problematic names using
other PDF viewers? Which ones?

Have you tried to open the document by double-clicking or using the
command line?

Please, provide all details, since they may be relevant to discover the
cause of your issue.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--