Re: [evince] Update Windows version?

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Jason Crain <jason aquaticape us> wrote:
Sending this again from my subscribed email address.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 01:40:21PM +0200, Aron Knifström wrote:
> Anyone working on a new Windows version?

You can install a new-ish version using cygwin and run it under
startxwin.  I don't know how well it works, because running under an X
server on Windows is not ideal, and newer versions of evince have a
different GUI that fits well with GNOME but it doesn't look like a
Windows app.

You can also use msys2 (http://www.msys2.org/) and then use pacman to install evince from there. AFAIK this version of evince (installed with msys2) does not need an X server.

Unfortunately, the few people that used to take care of compiling evince under windows are no longer around. If you or anyone is stepping up to maintain a binary, that would be great. Nowadays, it should be not so difficult to build evince on windows.

Greetings

José

I don't know how to build evince under Windows, and I haven't ever
tried.