Re: [evince] cache location

On Sat, 2016-05-21 at 23:36 -0500, Jason Crain wrote:
On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 09:34:33PM -0500, Laverne Schrock wrote:

I'm wondering where evince stores the data that it maintains about
the
documents that have been viewed. For example, evince remembers
which
page you scrolled to and whether the thumbnail view was closed.

`find $HOME | grep evince` gives no result.
`dconf dump / | grep evince` reveals that '/org/gnome/evince' holds
some settings for evince, but not any per-file data.

Older posts on this list indicate that the data used to be cached
under
'~/.gnome2/', but this is no longer true.

I'm running Evince 3.20.0 in Gnome 3.20.1 in Debian Stretch.
Those things are stored in the gvfs metadata.  You can view it with
the
gvfs-show command.  I think the metadata is stored in
~/.local/share/gvfs-metadata/*.
Thanks!
You are correct that metadata is being stored with gvfs. Running `gvfs-
info myfile.pdf | grep meta` shows all the evince data that I was
curious about.

However, I don't have a `gvfs-show` command on my machine and I
couldn't find any mention of one on the web. (I did find many
references to the x-gvfs-show option in '/etc/fstab'). Now I'm
wondering if there is way to get a nice listing of that metadata for
all my PDFs (including ones that have now been deleted with `rm`), but
that is a question for the GVFS folks.

Cheers!
Laverne