Re: [evince] cache location

On Sat, 21 May 2016, Laverne Schrock wrote:

I'm wondering where evince stores the data that it maintains about the
documents that have been viewed. For example, evince remembers which
page you scrolled to and whether the thumbnail view was closed.

hi,
 I actually had in .local/share/gvfs-metadata a file evince.data
 whose content was strictly impossible to understand:

 a list of 335 pdf files (that seems normal)
 a list of 460.mp4 files I swear I never used evince to open
   a .mp4 file !!

 Anyway, it was 1 month old and no more used.
 In ~/.config/evince/ I have 2 files
   accels
   print-settings: this one actually contains the saved print
                   configuration(default printer, duplex,...)

 but I found nothing about other evince settings.
 I did a very simple experiment:
  - in evince, change the default zoom and quit
  - open evince: the last zoom setting was actually saved
  - now try to find where.
    for a normal program, something like
       - locate -i evince > t
       - ls -lt `cat t`
    would give the answer... but not for evince.

 So, your question is still not answered, as is mine posted 1 month
 ago:

    When I open the print dialog, I get a list of printers which doesn't
    correspond to the actually installed printers: one of them
    actually existed on my system 5 months ago, but I removed it, and
    it doesn't exist now,
    Why does evince still has it?
    Where by God is hidden this list. and how to correct it?

My evince version is 3.14.1-2 , under Jessie.
BTW:  dconf dump gives me the same thing as you, but I have no
      /org/gnome/evince or /org/gnome directory

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel