Re: [evince] PDF metatags editing

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 00:56 +0100, Jakub Kucharski wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've started developing an application for editing PDF metatags and
I've just realised that this functionality could be integrated into
Evince itself.

I'm curious what you'd think of such a contribution. When I finish
writing the code responsible for modifying PDF metatags, I could work
(possibly with some help) on finding my way around Evince codebase
and teaching Evince to do it.

My understanding is that Evince uses Poppler which offers only the
retrieval of metadata, not its modification, so my code wouldn't
involve Poppler, nor any other pdf library --- note that I want this
code to just modify metadata, not generate an entirely new PDF with
the same text, images etc., but different metatags.

Hi,

In my opinion, this feature should be added in poppler, and provide and
API to be consumed by Evince.

That said, have you thought how the interaction would be?

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/