Re: [evince] PDF file attachments pane

Le 13/01/16 à 09h11, Sherif IsBeast <sherifisbeast gmail com> a écrit :

Hello,

Hello,

I was trying to use the PDF file attachments feature in evince, but
I've run into a problem: the 'attachments' menu in the side pane is
greyed out, even when the PDF has attachments. Here's the example PDF
(on page 2):
http://texdoc.net/texmf-dist/doc/latex/attachfile/attachfile.pdf

The weird thing is that evince opens up the atttachment when it is
clicked on, but otherwise isn't shown in the sidepane.

If you look at the documentations of the `attach2' or `embedfile'
packages, you'll see:

  The PDF format ([3]) allows the inclusion of files inside the PDF
  document. The included files can be bound to an annotation on
  a page. Or they can be recorded in a sorted list of embedded
  files. The packages attachfile or attachfile2 follow the first
  approach, package embedfile uses the latter method.

Hence I guess it's not surprising the files "attached" are not shown in
the sidepane as attachments. By contrast, when open with evince, the
file:

  ┌────
  │ http://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/oberdiek/embedfile.pdf
  └────

embeds the `embedfile.dtx' file shown in the sidepane.

Nevertheless, evince isn't perfect from "attached files" point of view:
they are open with a different name, as reported here:

  ┌────
  │ https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evince-list/2015-October/msg00003.html
  └────

Maybe I should fill a bug report.