Re: [evince] Need help to start contribution

Hi everyone,
So I was trying to build evince-3.18.2. I installed Jhbuild,apt-file and poppler libraries and then I followed the steps which are as follows:
1.  jhbuild build evince
It gave me the following output:
    Required packages:
    System installed packages which are too old:
      (none)
    No matching system package installed:
    libtiff
           jhbuild build: Required system dependencies not installed. Install using the command 'jhbuild sysdeps --install' or to ignore             system  dependencies use command-line option --nodeps

2. jhbuild sysdeps --install
  It gave me the following output:
    I: Installing dependencies on system: libtiff rdflib llvm
    I: Using apt-file to search for providers; this may be slow.  Please wait.
    I: No native package found for libtiff (/usr/include/tiff.h)
    I: No native package found for llvm (/usr/include/llvm-c/Core.h)
    I: Nothing to install
3. jhbuild build evince  --nodeps
   After this build process took a long time and gave me the output final few lines are :
     *** Configuring gdk-pixbuf *** [9/45]
    ./autogen.sh --prefix /home/ram/jhbuild/install --enable-installed-tests --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc --disable-Werror
   autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
   autoreconf: running: autopoint --force
   Can't exec "autopoint": No such file or directory at /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 345.
   autoreconf: failed to run autopoint: No such file or directory
   autoreconf: autopoint is needed because this package uses Gettext
   *** Error during phase configure of gdk-pixbuf: ########## Error running ./autogen.sh --prefix /home/ram/jhbuild/install --enable-      installed-tests --disable-static --disable-gtk-doc --disable-Werror  *** [9/45]

  [1] Rerun phase configure
  [2] Ignore error and continue to build
  [3] Give up on module
  [4] Start shell
  [5] Reload configuration
  [6] Go to phase "wipe directory and start over"
  [7] Go to phase "clean"
  [8] Go to phase "distclean"
choice:

The complete log which I was able to copy from my terminal  is at: http://fpaste.org/295742/

So where did I make mistake?

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 12:16 AM, Germán Poo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, 2015-11-30 at 00:03 +0530, Sitaram Shelke wrote:
> Thank you for your reply,
> In fact just now I got a lot of problems building the latest version
> of evince which I was trying from last 3 hours I guess ;). So to tell
> about my software background I am pretty good at C/C++ and know the
> basics of Github and yes building from source and dependencies looks
> challenging but hey who doesn't like challenges. :)
> I have already read the link you mentioned and configured Jhbuild and
> poppler (This part was easy). But I could not build evince.

Hi,

Please, reply to all to include the evince-list.

Regarding to the issue, please be more specific.

For example:
 * Distribution (name and version) when you are trying to build evince.
 * Command you ran and the output to you got.
    * Paste the exact error you are getting in the screen (the relevant
      part where it fails). If it is too big, you can use some service
      like fpaste.org and then provide the link.

Cordially,

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/