Re: [evince] Need help to start contribution

On Sun, 2015-11-29 at 15:59 +0530, Sitaram Shelke wrote:
Hello everyone, I am Sitaram from Pune, India. I wish to contribute
Evince.As I am new to Open Source development, I need some guidance
where can I start.

Hi,

It might depend what your skills and interest are (or want to develop).

The hardest part is to get the most recent version of Evince, that is,
building the development version of evince.

It is hard because there will be a lot of new concepts to get
familiarized with (not necessarily inherent to Evince, but to how to
develop software in the open), and to build the dependencies
necessaries to run Evince.

The instruction are in:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince/GettingEvince

And more information is available at:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evince

You are welcome to continue asking here or in IRC (irc.gnome.org
channel #evince).

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/