[evince] scrollbars on Evince in Xubuntu 12.10

Hello, I am using Xubuntu and just updated to 12.10 -- there seems to be an issue, that if I remove the overlay scrollbar, so as to regain normal-looking scrollbars on most programs, evince becomes unusable because the scrollbar all but disappears. What essentially happens is that the scroller itself becomes very thin and difficult to use, while the up/down arrows disappear at the tops and bottoms of the scrollbar.

Is there any way to fix this? I have not yet had luck on the ubuntu forums. Evince is my favorite reader by far, and I would like to be able to use it again.

Thanks for any help!