Re: [evince] pdf split view

One feature that could be easier to code and that would address the use-case Peng Yu mentioned would be a "Back" button.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-08-09 at 05:37 -0500, Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Let me explain why this feature can be very useful. Suppose that you
> are viewing some pdf at page A, but there is a link from page A to
> page B and you want to view both pages. If evince has split view, then
> users can click the split view bar, which leads to two views of A,
> then the users can jump to page B by clicking the link. Now, the users
> finishes reading B, then he can unsplit the view and continue to read
> A. Users don't have to layout views. (This feature is available in
> acrobat, I feel it very useful.)

I agree it would be useful; and I do not believe anyone said it would
not be.  Just that is wasn't a high priority given resource constraints.

But you should file an enhancment bug, otherwise there is 0% change it
will ever happen.

<https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evince>

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383