Re: [evince] pdf split view

On Fri, 2013-08-09 at 05:37 -0500, Peng Yu wrote:
Hi,

Let me explain why this feature can be very useful. Suppose that you
are viewing some pdf at page A, but there is a link from page A to
page B and you want to view both pages. If evince has split view, then
users can click the split view bar, which leads to two views of A,
then the users can jump to page B by clicking the link. Now, the users
finishes reading B, then he can unsplit the view and continue to read
A. Users don't have to layout views. (This feature is available in
acrobat, I feel it very useful.)

I agree it would be useful; and I do not believe anyone said it would
not be.  Just that is wasn't a high priority given resource constraints.

But you should file an enhancment bug, otherwise there is 0% change it
will ever happen.

<https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evince>

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383