Re: [evince] How do I script Evince for rendering assessment?

Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> writes:

On Thu, 2013-04-18 at 19:44 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> writes:

If you want to check rendering, then it is pointless to use Evince
for that. Evince is just a shell and you might get different
results depending of the version of poppler you have installed.

Instead, you should use pdftocairo, which has the options you are
looking for.

Evince and Frescobaldi (a LilyPond shell) both use the same version
of libpoppler for their screen rendering on my system, with
strikingly different appearance and quality in output.

Poppler has different backends to paint. Glib-based applications use
cairo whereas Qt4-based applications use Arthur.

In other words, pdftocairo and libpoppler-glib (the one used by
Evince) are linked against to libpoppler-cairo.  libpoppler-qt4 is
linked against libpoppler-arthur.

That would be relevant, yes.  Frescobaldi uses libpoppler-qt4.  So using
pdftocairo as a tool for predicting Evince quality could probably be
made to work.

Thanks

--
David Kastrup