[evince] new feature request: FIX PASSWORD Protected PDFs

Hello Evince developers.

I use PDFs a lot and I password protect them, so users can’t edit them. Not to open them.

So naturally, anyone who downloads and opens with Adobe Reader has no issues viewing the PDF content.

However – for those users that use Evince, they can’t open the pdf because it asks for the password.  When I receive feedback on this, I tell these users, this is an evince issue and that they should download Reader to open and view our pdfs.

Therefore – you guys should really consider fixing the password protection on pdfs. There is a big difference.

thanks,

John.