Re: [evince] highlight and annotation through crowdfunding

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Bruno <yosoybr1 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I think that every Linux user at least in the academy world is eager to see
> a pdf reader with highlight and annotation. I guess it's not implemented
> because it's complicated and time consuming, which is crucial in an open
> source project. So my question is: isn't it possible to just pay to some
> programmers to do it through some type of crowd funding? I think that many
> users will be happy to pay to see this  implemented.

This is in principle possible. The problem is that you need to find a
developer that has enough knowledge of PDF spec + GTk + Evince to do
it. For me, for instance, it is not a problem of money, I have my
day-job.

On brighter news, see wip/annotation_support branch, where I am been
adding highlighting support. Right now you cannot yet add new
highlight annotations, but you can see the contents of them. I still
don't know if this will be 3.6 material, but I really hope that it
will get into 3.8

Greetings

José