[evince] highlight and annotation through crowdfunding

Hi,
I think that every Linux user at least in the academy world is eager to see a pdf reader with highlight and annotation. I guess it's not implemented because it's complicated and time consuming, which is crucial in an open source project. So my question is: isn't it possible to just pay to some programmers to do it through some type of crowd funding? I think that many users will be happy to pay to see this  implemented.
That's it, I'm not involved in the development of evince, so may be this was already raised and discarded (I googled that, though), in that case sorry for the email.
In any case, so long and thanks for all the fish,

Bruno