Re: [evince] can't click to open url links in Evince 3.4.0

>________________________________

    linux terminology. I've been a Windows user from 1985 until about a
    year ago.

>I can open any kind of document I need to. I'm simply trying to
    click on a url link in a pdf document I'm viewing with Evince and
    have it open my browser to that url. That should be automatic with
    Evince installed.

>I checked in Synaptic and found that I have various libgnome
    utilities. I can also run gvfs-open and gnome-open with a url,
    within terminal, and it opens that link in the browser. But I'm not
    trying to open links in terminal. I just want to be able to click a
    url in a pdf file and have it open the browser, as it should.

>As I said, it recognizes that it's a link, the tooltip shows me the
    link. and I can copy and paste the link. But it doesn't open the
    link when I click on it. That should happen simply because Evince is
    installed and working.

Sorry for the cryptic reply :-). Just trying to see if you have all the
software the Evince relies to open an url.

I think if you start evince from the command line, an error message
should be written in the console when you try to open a link.

Can you check that ?

Cheers,

    -- Juanjo Marin