[evince] can't click to open url links in Evince 3.4.0

Hello,

I'm running Evince 3.4.0 under Zorin 6.0. When I point to a url link in an Evince pdf document, it knows it's a link because the cursor changes to a clickable pointer. I can also right-click on the link and copy the url to the clipboard. But it won't let me click on the link and go to that web page.

I'm using Google Chrome ver. 19.0.1084.56.

When I click a url link, I can see disk activity, as if it's trying to start some program. But it quickly ends without any program opening. I'm wondering what it's checking. Perhaps I need to tell it somewhere to use Google Chrome, but I don't know where to tell it that.

The gconf-editor is set to use Google Chrome (/opt/google/chrome/google-chrome %s) for both http and https.

I've searched Google for this problem and haven't found any answer for my situation.

I've tried Adobe Reader also, and it too won't let me click on a url and go there. So it seems like it's a system problem.

I'd really appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Sincerely yours,

Charles Heineke