[evince] Evince default page layout broken for large page-sizes

Hi guys,

when I finally got my new full-HD monitor, I also switched from my really
ancient trusted SuSE to Ubuntu 11.04. I need pdflatex and a PDF previewer
that keeps track of document changes - meaning evince instead of acroread.

So far, so good. BUT.

When I open new documents, I prefer "fit-to-page", meaning full screen
height at the current document format. That is what I asked evince to
do (in German: "Bearbeiten -> Momentane Einstellungen..." ). It does not
work.

For my (DIN-A0 size) posters, evince happily and MASSIVELY annoyingly
starts in full-page-width mode every time, whatever I ask it to do.
Meaning I get to see a couple of lines of my poster, having to use the
window-manager to try to reduce the window-width, typically resizing the
window height as well.

Having a full-HD monitor does not IMPLY that YOU have to fill it.

While, admittedly, evince is much less annoying the nautilus, and much
much less annoying than current okular, my (by now five-years old) kpdf
was still the better PDF previewer. Sorry to say so,

- Norman

PS: Summary. Please make evince STOP using full-screen-width if the
document turns out to be large. Make it do what the user ASKED it to
do the last time it was used.