[evince] Curious as to why doesnt Evince have the modern day basics?

The modern day basics I mean simple things that make life easier such as highlighting/annotations or even tabbed viewing?
The Okular PDF developed by KDE seriously outshines the Gnome based Evince. I googled Evince sucks and there are quite a bit of hits. Mainly lamenting the lack of those particular features and having to pull in those dependencies of KDE?

Is this ever to be integrated in the milestone?
Thanks for the heads up.