Re: evince "Drive" from another program?

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:52 PM,  <eb-0004 pardo net> wrote:
> I am editing source code in emacs and referring to a manual I am
> browsing with evince.  Is there a way I can position my cursor over a
> keyword and tell evince to go to the matching location?  Kind of like
> M-x tags or browse-url, but browse-evince or something instead.  I have
> access to the manual source and build process, so I think I can use tags
> of any supported form, it is (I think) just a question of how to tell
> evince "go to FOO" from Emacs as opposed to "go to FOO" by clicking
> inside evince on a document hyperlink to FOO.  Thanks!

Well, in evince there are no tags and currently you can't do what you
want, However, it is in my plans to add more DBU control support to
evince (I basically haven't done it yet because lack of users ) So
what I could easily implement is a method so you can search in a
document from Emacs. Tags I don't think it's that easy to implement.

greetings
José