evince "Drive" from another program?

I am editing source code in emacs and referring to a manual I am
browsing with evince.  Is there a way I can position my cursor over a
keyword and tell evince to go to the matching location?  Kind of like
M-x tags or browse-url, but browse-evince or something instead.  I have
access to the manual source and build process, so I think I can use tags
of any supported form, it is (I think) just a question of how to tell
evince "go to FOO" from Emacs as opposed to "go to FOO" by clicking
inside evince on a document hyperlink to FOO.  Thanks!