Weird behaviour when pasting words with accute accents

Hi,

I have noticed a small problem with copy-and-paste on a UTF-8 encoded
PDF file.

I generate a PDF using LaTeX with these headers:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[spanish]{babel}

The text is written in spanish using UTF-8 encoding. The text contains
some words with accute accents, like comunicación. PDF is properly shown
on evince, but when I try to copy those words, a weird behaviour is
shown.

Pasting a word with an accent somewhere, for example gedit, is not
properly done. Instead paste the corresponding word, the vowel with
accent is replaced by a space and the acute  accent is placed on the
next letter. For example, trying to paste comunicación I get
comunicaci ń.

What can cause this strange behaviour? Should I fill a bug in evince or
poppler?

Cheers,
Mateo Matachana