Requested feature

I recently downloaded the attached pdf document from a supplier of engineering materials. In Evince, the document essentially appears as a blank table, with no text.

On transferring the file to a Windows computer and trying to open the document with Adobe Reader, I was notified that in order to read the document, Japanese fonts were required. These were automatically downloaded, and the document when viewed on a Windows machine now showed technical information.

It would be nicest if Evince could download foreign fonts as needed, in order to view documents needing them. If this can't be done, it would be helpful to have a warning message something like: "This document requires the use of Japanese fonts, which are not available with this document viewer. Part or all of the document may not be displayed."

Dr. Bruce Dunn
Vancouver, Canada